Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The year so far….

Not very long ago, I was fighting one of the fiercest battles with myself on few issues which had been eating up my head for a long time. It had spread like a cancer in my brain and all attempts to diagnose it were failures. I happened to visit NYC to one of my dearest friend during the Christmas weekend and had an amazing time, and during the same trip he kinda remarked, that the new decade should be different for you. Though it may sound kiddish, but sometimes all you need in life is a little encouragement and an assurance that things would change for the better. So in I went, into the new decade, into 2010 with a lot of hopes and determinations. I had one of the best New Year celebrations in a long long time…. couple of my friends went to a local pub and ate, drank, made merry… and on 1st I surprisingly got up really early, went for a drive, paid regards to the Almighty and saw Avatar! Pretty much a perfect start….

Days started passing by and I was totally consumed at work… broke a number of professional records of putting in uninterrupted number of hours at a stretch and also coped up with Ishan’s travel out of the US. Jan for the most part was uneventful and I was busy planning the next phase of my life.. cursing myself sometimes of messing up few great past opportunities. An email at the end of January changed everything… yes it was an interview call from ISB… I had little hopes of getting an invite especially since I felt I couldnt put my best in the applications….the next few days around 10 to be exact went in preparing for the interview… it was easily one of the most stressed out weeks for me, with tons of work, rescheduling of the interview and managing social life left me exhausted… finally the interview happened and again I felt that I could have done better… honestly I felt I had a 50-50 chance and was cursing myself left n right for not doing a better job!

The historic day of Feb 12th changed everything…. I got an invite from ISB, actually 3-4 days before the actual results were supposed to be out. It took me some time to digest, for the feeling to really sink in that I had finally made it to one premier b-school after years of trying, deliberation and messed up schedules. What followed was to an extent unexpected – the process of exiting from Infosys and Kraft! I was not very happy the way my professional life was shaping up.. though I was currently working in a very challenging project, somehow things were not right. More than anything time was running by and I wanted to finish my education fast before I get too bored/old to study… so in that effect ISB happened at the right time. I was ecstatic and was sure that the next few days are gonna be a breeze….well it was exactly the opposite!

Today is Mar 9th, approximately 3 weeks since I informed my managers of my intention of leaving Infy and within just a few days (3 to be exact) I would bid goodbye to my friends and colleagues at Kraft/Infy and embark upon a new journey after a short break of 20 days! What has touched me is the way everyone has come forward to wish me the best in this new endeavor… my clients (absolutely lovely people) had been so supportive and encouraging… seriously this had been a dream account to work for.. seldom do you meet such an understanding and motivating group of people (clients) who make your work literally a treat!

Kraft I will really really miss you!!!

Another touching and unexpected behavior was from my friends at Infy… now that I am leaving I truly realise how blessed I was to have so many friends around me to hang out with.. watch movies.. gossip.. chat.. do anything under the sun. Even their reception towards me had been so warm… had one of my best dinners ever in BD’s and I am sure there are few more send-offs planned in the next few days….

Really people (you know who you are) I will truly truly miss you all!

Well I guess thats enuf of senti-talk for one post… have to finish off with packing and other pleasantries… clock is ticking… tick tock tick tock!!!!

1 comment:

angelina! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.