Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sorry state of affairs!

I am frustrated and angry... and all because of Apple Inc. Suddenly since Tim Cook (COO and acting CEO) had taken over the reigns of the company, Apple seems to be coming up with these amazing (for some, weird for me!) promotions. 3 months back I bought my first Mac (an aluminium 13-inch one) putting in almost half of my month's salary and just yesterday got to know that these guys are shipping a MacBook Pro for the same (or wait, an actually lesser) amount. Damn these guys!!!

Next they come up with the new iPhone3G S and bring down the price of the current iPhone. OK, I have nothing against technological innovation and I knew this day would come and the newer products would be a lot cooler, but then that is not what I am angry about. Why cant Apple let the older n loyal users of iPhone 3G (like ME!) upgrade to the new software or even better the phone itself. I checked with ATT and they asked me to pay a freaking 500 USD for a shift to 3G-S. Ridiculous!!

Update : Apple did allow us to download the new iPhone v3.0 software which has few of the important tools that comes up with 3G S. Sorry Apple! you still are the best and I am a loyal fan! :)-



On a side note, take the auto industry of US for example. I think as per reports, US has the maximum number of cars per household in the WORLD. Buying a brand new car is relatively cheap as compared to most other parts, and it has a thriving used-car market. You get real good deals in the 7.5-10k USD range for an average user. Now lets just change gears and concentrate on the service side of this industry. If your car needs a repair (which it most probably would over a course of 1.5-2 years) you will be broke. Some figures :-
Used Honda Accord 2000 model - Around 6000 USD [Cool isnt it!! Read on!!!]

Service Costs :-
Catalytic Converters - Around 1500-2000 USD
Brakes (All 4) - Around 1000 USD
Auto Transmission - Around 2000 USD
Simple Rear body work - Around 1000 USD

It is highly probable that you will end up doing atleast one of the above. If you are particularly unlucky and end up doing more than one, time to buy a new car buddy!!!!

2 comments:

Sketcher said...

haha!
I think this is your phase of life where everything is not going in the same direction as you are. :P
Good luck in the future.

Avishek said...

I know :( not sure who is in the right direction though? Me or life?