Sunday, June 14, 2009

"The Hangover" after "Taking Pelham 123"

Today was a historic day! For the first time in my life I watched two back to back movies in a theatre. What started as a very lazy Sat afternoon had an exciting ending. Yours truly along with a handful reached the theatre at around 5 deciding which movie to watch "Pelham.." or "Hangover". The former had Hollywood heavyweights but the latter had a huge fan following among my friends.. nevertheless I convinced my friends to go for Pelham.. it was an OK movie.. another one of Travolta's movie where he is the bad guy and have a hostage situation.. I am a bigg fan of Travolta but somehow I feel there was nothing in this movie which I did not anticipate... anyways after the movie, one of my friends came up with this idea that lets go out and get back in for Hangover... In the beginning I thought he must be joking but I was wrong and in a miraculous way we convinced the whole group to walk back right in for another movie... "The Hangover".

Hangover was a hilarious movie... one of the good comedies in a long time.. no fancy actors, no new story line but the whole package was quite good... it might be a bit "guy" kind of a movie so to say but was a perfect movie to end an otherwise ordinary Saturday night...

P.S. I just realised that the last 3-4 posts of mine had always been about movies.. maybe an indication thats all I am doing right now! Until next time.....

No comments: