Monday, April 5, 2010

Kolkata "Night" Riders!


The pic above is from one of my favorite places in Kol, something I had crossed earlier a million times but never paused to admire.. its the overbridge/walkway which connects two sub-divisions of kol - one which begins with a Lake and the other which ends with one (Lake Town and Salt Lake).. the road below is called the VIP road, one of the relatively fast roads connecting the city to the Dum Dum airport....

Atop this bridge you would see a plethora of people - the busy executive running back home, some vendors selling their stuff, lovey dovey couples holding hands, students and some onlookers (like me)... stand there for around 30 mins and you would see people from all walks of life. To top it all a cool breeze which blows will be an amazing respite from the heat... a fav place when I am too bored sitting at home and just need a relaxing moment with myself... even with all the noise and the people, the breeze is a great stress and heat buster.

Ohh just before I forget - the title is dedicated to all the two-wheelers and their riders who cross the road below @ few thousands/hr....

No comments: